From favorflav.com
By Delilah Warcup-van Eyck
Ingredients
We were already fans of the Dutch Weedburger, the Beyond Meat Burger is achieving great success, and in the supermarket the choice of meat substitutes is becoming wider and the products are getting better. No one can bury their head in the sand anymore, our kitchens are increasingly open to variety, and we were happy to try the latest brainchild of the makers of Garden Gourmet.
It's called Incredible Minced Meat, is completely plant-based, and the funny thing about this variant is that it can be kneaded like minced meat is. Unlike many plant-based minced meat substitutes, this is raw and not pre-fried, so you can use it in more directions yourself. We tasted it as balls with sriracha 'mayo' and also Mexican spiced in a taco.
Do it yourself
For my Asian recipe, I just fried it loosely in the pan. It takes some getting used to that it does turn brown on the outside but remains pink on the inside; Because it looks like raw minced meat, I got so fooled that I was really waiting for it to cook and discolour on the inside. Keep stirring quickly. I didn't season the minced meat further, because I was going to pour a lot of spicy broth of Thai curry over it. I always use Mae Ploy's green curry paste: super spicy, a teaspoon is almost always enough, so you can use it endlessly. The taste is not very salty and you can increase it yourself with soy sauce, fish sauce or just salt.
Conclusion
This was a very tasty meal! It wasn't until I took the picture that the penny really dropped, that this was not only vegetarian but even vegan. Recommended, absolutely.
This is how you make it
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a frying pan.
- Fry the Incredible Minced Meat while stirring with a spatula until brown and cooked, for about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the pan to a deep plate and set aside.
- If necessary, pour another teaspoon of oil into the frying pan and add the curry paste.
- Sear for 30 seconds and add the stock while stirring gently.
- Bring to the boil, add the carrot and zucchini and heat briefly.
- Spoon the minced meat over the rice (divided over two deep plates), and add the vegetables from the pan.
- Carefully pour the remaining stock into the plates, and garnish with the red pepper and fresh herbs.

No comments:
Post a Comment